- New Portal Registration
- Using the Portal
- What Information is Provided
- Statement of accuracy/primary source verification
The credentialer portal is a service of the Board and Commission for medical staff personnel and other credentialers who credential physicians and physician assistants.
To be granted access, you must be employed with a physician, an organization’s medical staff services, a credentialing agency, or other organization that obtains from physicians/physician assistants signed releases for confidential information.
The credentialer portal provides the same information as the public licensee search and also provides a practice address and primary and secondary specialty.
We request that upon a credentialer leaving employment, the Board is notified so that the account can be deactivated.
Credentialer Portal Login
New Portal Registration
- To register, click on the Enter Portal or Sign Up button displayed above.
- On the login screen, click Credentialer Sign Up.
- Fill in all the information requested and click Submit.
- Once access has been approved, you will receive an email.
Using the Portal
Once you have received your approval email, you can log in to the portal using the email address and password you entered during registration.
When you sign in, you will be directed to your Current Licenses section. This is the list of licenses you are monitoring (it will be blank until you add licenses).
- To search or add licenses to your list, click Search & Add.
Search by license number or name but either license number or name is required. Make sure to check I am not a Robot.
- To add a license to your list, click the paperclip icon in the Attach column. Please note you will have to attach each license type you want to monitor (MD/DO, ACSC, CP, etc.).
- Repeat the search and add until all the licenses you wish to monitor have been added.
- Click the Current Licenses button to view your list. You can click on the printer icon to view or print the detail page.
- To view the year of birth and practice address, you will first have to add the license to the current tracking list.
- On the Search and Add results as well as the Current Licenses list, click on any of the headings to change how the list is sorted.
- Under each heading is a Filters row. Type in the row to filter the results showing. Just type, don’t press enter—it will filter as you type. For example, if you type MD in the Filters section of the license type it would show you only MD license types.
- If you wish to stop monitoring a license while in the Current Licenses section, click on the trashcan icon next to the license you wish to remove.
- If you want to change your password you can use the Change Password section once you log in.
- Did you forget your password? Use the Forgot Password link under the Login button on the login page.
What Information is Provided
The credentialer search provides all the information available at the public licensee search that is verified by the Board and Commission (printable statement of accuracy below):
- License number
- Issue date
- Expiration date
- Medical school information
- Year of birth—To view this information you have to add to your Current Licenses tracking list, then click on the printer icon by the name.
Information provided by licensees but not verified:
- Primary specialty
- Practice address—To view this information you have to add to your Current Licenses tracking list, then click on the printer icon by the name.
Statement of Accuracy/Primary Source Verification
Name of organization Alabama Board of Medical Examiners
Mailing address PO Box 946, Montgomery AL 36101-0946
Street address 848 Washington Ave, Montgomery AL 36104
Telephone number 334-242-4116
Fax number 334-242-4155
Federal Tax ID 63-6004532